ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752675 Members
5668 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to update to fully optimized firmware, patches and security updates on dl360p

SOLVED
Go to solution
JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

How to update to fully optimized firmware, patches and security updates on dl360p

I'm a teacher. I have bought 3 dl360p servers for educational labs iIwant to cluster with ESXI. All three of them with 192 GB ram. I'm trying to reach optimal performance for both firmware and esxi. Any suggestions how I can accomplish this. Best Regards Jan
6 REPLIES 6
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: How to update to fully optimized firmware, patches and security updates on dl360p

Hi,

I assume these are not new Servers, so please share the Generation. Look for DL360p Gen 7, Gen 8, G7, Gen 9.
Also if you find a P/N# on the Label will help.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to update to fully optimized firmware, patches and security updates on dl360p

"p" means this is a Gen8, DL360p Gen8.

Look up the HPE support pages for drivers and firmware you need.

If you have a conract, you can get the SPP Gen8 Post Production. https://spp.hpe.com

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you update the latest Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) for HPE servers.

Follow the links.
Service Pack for ProLiant for G8
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_ff582daf008c4f529c4d6c28f6

Service Pack for ProLiant for G7
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_c8aabf8e79de4b6d85905bd9f0

Gen9 Service Pack for ProLiant
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_dd8a257eca984bd2aa5157c4c1

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

This is Proliant dl360p gen 8

I have this servicepack from my IT dept. SPP 2021.05.0

I working form home, and have tried to implement it using boot from virtual media and then update from smart provisioning / update Firmware.....

Is it nescessarry to create bootable usb, to fully update components or was this solution fair.

Any other updates I should consider ?

Im not sure if there is any other things to do, or the rest is left to vCenter updates for the ESXi enviroment.

Best Regards 

Jan

Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

First, the 2021.05 did not include Gen8 Firmware, is only for new Server Models.

You need the Gen8 Download above.

Boot from ISO with Virtual Media or generate a Bootable USB Stick with the Tool in the \usb\hpusbkey\ Folder.

For DL380p Gen8 the latest Supported ESX Version is 6.0U3.

VMware Archived Servers from HPE Certification and Support | Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Use the HPE ESX Install, this includes all needed Drivers:

Using HPE Custom ESXi Images to Install ESXi on HPE ProLiant Servers | HPE

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

Hi.
Thanks to all of You.
I think I have a procedure now to accomplish the fully optimized setup.
Best Regards