108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp ML370 Server Problem

othmanabbas
Occasional Contributor

Hp ML370 Server Problem

The message is:
Slot 1 HP smart Array 642 controller
1783- slot1 A rray controller in a look-up state due to a hardware configuration failure.
(controller is disabled until this problem is resolved).
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Can you boot to SmartStart and run diagnostics? We had the same problem and it was actually a bad controller.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If fitted, it can be caused by the cache module. Remove the cache module from its slot on the board and see if the 1783 error goes away.

If you don't have a cache module fitted it's more than likely the controller has gone but try moving it to another slot first.

Part numbers if required for a service call to HP.

Smart Array 642 - Spare part 305415-001
Cache module (64Mb) - Spare part 305416-001
Cache module (128Mb) -Spare part 351518-001
The old battery may have to be moved to the 128Mb module if required.

I hope this helps.

Brian
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Also, in addition to Brian,

If issue still exists after removing the hard drives from internal backplane AND replacing the SCSI cable and backplane then you may have SCSI termination issue. SCSI terminations on these systems are provided on the system board. Replace system board.

Regards,
James.
othmanabbas
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Today i removed the cotroller from that slot and plugged it again in the same slot,so far the controller is working,but i'm not sure if the problem appears again.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

It means the problem was that, a bad seated controller or cache.

If problem appears again, reseat controller again. if it continues, remove cache, if ir continues, replace controller, if goes away by removing the cache, replace the chache...