1753415 Members
7205 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp Ml350P G8 Adding More drives

Dashpuppy
Occasional Contributor

Hp Ml350P G8 Adding More drives

I have a Hp Ml350P g8 Server, currently it has the 6 x 3.5 LFF drive's in it, and using the Onboard 420i raid card, i have been googling ALOT for the last few days on how to expand the storage capabilities, this is leading me to buy part number 693611-001 witch is a backplane-expander.  No where on this earth am i able to find one, yet it's an option to buy from HP.  Anyone have any links to get one ? I just want to add more drives..

Pic attached is what i need. to make this work

Thanks in advanced. back-Plane

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

You need to add additional drive backplane and controller if you want to add more drives with 6 x 3.5 LFF drive's in it.

Please refer the quickspecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04128239

NOTE: Mixing of SFF and LFF drive cages is not allowed.

NOTE: Additional Hot Plug Drive Cages require a separate Smart Array controller for each drive cage. HP recommends the HP Smart Array P420/1GB FBWC 6Gb 2-ports Int SAS Controller (P/N 631670-B21).

NOTE: Expander HDD Cage Kit allows up to 18 LFF / 24 SFF HDDs managed under one single controller. The controller must have a minimum of 512MB FBWC module installed.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

Dashpuppy
Occasional Contributor

You didn't answer my question, i already wrote what you just said. I guess i could buy a PCI-e 420 card and use one card per drive enclosure..

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please contact resellers.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo