1752719 Members
5703 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hp Server Fan Full Speed and loud

Bicky148
Occasional Visitor

Hp Server Fan Full Speed and loud

hi, we are currently using  HP Proliant DL 180 Gen 9 server, and for last 1 week, my server Fan is moving at full speed making a loud sound. when it starts it was happening for some time and then fan speed reduced but last 2 days its all the time moving at full speed. 

I checked regarding this on the web and found out that the firmware needs to be updated.so I am little confused if I update the firmware will it affect to my raid plus other configurations and my server data. 

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES 4
slavtechbuer
Valued Contributor

Hi Mate, 

BIOS upgrade shouldn't affect any RAID, I would worry if you will decide to use SSP.

Thanks

Slav

ajav01
HPE Pro

hi,

yes, firmwaer update has the enhancementm however not sure what level is applied, you can refer the blow Customer advisory : c04683594

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=null&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04683594

if the issue persists, log a support ticket to get the resolution. 

regards

I am a HPE Employee
ajav01
HPE Pro

hi

in addition, SPP update shouldnt cause Raid config issues, we have not seen such issues.

before update review the version and release notes.

regards

I am a HPE Employee
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Bicky148 wrote:

hi, we are currently using  HP Proliant DL 180 Gen 9 server, and for last 1 week, my server Fan is moving at full speed making a loud sound. when it starts it was happening for some time and then fan speed reduced but last 2 days its all the time moving at full speed. 

I checked regarding this on the web and found out that the firmware needs to be updated.so I am little confused if I update the firmware will it affect to my raid plus other configurations and my server data. 

Thanks in Advance

Have you checked the server IML and/or the iLO logs?  Does iLO show any high tempatures on any sensors?  During POST it is normal for the fans to spin full speed for short time

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!