ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748119 Members
3385 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp dl380 G4 monitor went blank

Mika Mattila

Hp dl380 G4 monitor went blank

Hi , im having a problem with DL380 G4 , suddenly the fans started to spin faster and i thought it was heating up so i just did normal reboot. server went down normally but when it ws starting to get back up the monitor would start. Tryed another monitor and no luck. Tested monitors on another server and they worked fine. removed the top case and ll leds were green so no help from there. Im using Debin linux and the server is Hp DL380 G4 2 x 3,8GHz , 6gb ram.
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you wait the normal length of time it takes to boot to the OS can you get to the server across the network? If so, then it is possible that there is something wrong with the video chipset. I suspect this is not the case though and there is something causing the server to get no post and no video.

I would recommend bringing the server down to minimum configuration in order to test as that kind of problem is usually due to either a CPU or memory problem.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mika Mattila

I got the server back on but the monitor died again.. and now i found the problem.. Ram passed the memtest in bios and on startup , but when the server was online few hours the power led went amber, and opened the case and there it was one of the rams where faulty. dont know why it passed the memory test, because i tried again to boot it and did the memory check and it was fine. But when the server was online it showed again that there is faulty ram. took out tha faulty ram and now everything works fine..
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Use memtest86 ISO CD to test.

Verify the ram are paired correctly. Reseat the RAM. Upgrade the server firmware.