1753719 Members
4781 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I/O Board repsonding at wrong SCSI

Chris Waters_1

I/O Board repsonding at wrong SCSI

Hello

I had to replace a system board on a DL580 G2. Replaced the system board and received an error after initialization of the Smart Array 5I stating "I/O Board responding to wrong SCSI ID. Check cables" I did as specified but all connections were correct and in place. Tried to boot to W2K and the disk drive fails and then server blue screens stating "Inaccessible Boot device", or the drives fail (RAID 1 config) One then the other or just one!!!

I then replaced the new system board with the old system board (The reason for the replacement of the board in the first place was because it was clocking eg. Gaining time) and the same problem happens now. I have even tried erasing the Array controller and rebuilding the server but I keep getting the same problems all the time.
3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris

Check SCSI cable and replace if you can get one.

Regards
Mahesh
Chris Waters_1

There is no SCSI cable though. The problem I think is the SCSI backplane or the array controller but thats to be confirmed
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

This is a strange problem,this problem occurs only when a scsi controller is replaced,can you check and make sure the firmware on the new board is atleast what it was on the old board or latest. I think you also need to run diagnostics on the server to make sure it reports everything good.

Rgds

HGN