cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access the SCU when booting my DL320

Elle_4
Advisor

I can't access the SCU when booting my DL320

I configured my DL320 yesterday; ran the Erase Utility and used SS 5.5 with the assisted integration to install W2K AS. I rebooted and have the F9 option for setup, F8 for the RILOE card that is installed, and yet I have no F10 to access the System Configuration Utility. I watched it copy the files over. If I use a boot floppy and use PKMagic I can see the partition. It's there. Firmware version 9/10/2001. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy. I wanted access to it because I am studying for the 724 test. Thank you,
Elle
3 REPLIES
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: I can't access the SCU when booting my DL320

Hi Elle,
Th DL320 does not use the F10 partition anymore. Yes you can install it but you will not be able the access it. You can only use the F9 for setup.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Elle_4
Advisor

Mark,
Thank you for your reply. It sounds like it did support F10 at one time? If I use an earlier version of SS do you know if it would work? Just curious. Thank you. This has been driving me crazy.

Elle
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

All the 2nd/3rd generation servers don't support a SCU partition anymore. You might still access a partition on some models (via F10) but they only contain Diagnostics and Inspect tools.
It would not make any sense to use an older version of SS, since they might not support your server.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!