ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753382 Members
5650 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I just saw the SSD remaining life and that was NOT HP SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

I just saw the SSD remaining life and that was NOT HP SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting

Hi everyone,

I just saw the SSD remaining life somewhere (could have been iLO or HP Array Administrator) and that was NOT HP SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting

It was a simple GUI tha tlisted all SSDs on the controller with little blue % bars to the right of each drive.

Where is that function? I can't remember and I've looked everywhere.

Again this IS NOT SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting (that one is pretty useless imho)

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Re: I just saw the SSD remaining life and that was NOT HP SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting

ssd.png

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: I just saw the SSD remaining life and that was NOT HP SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting

BOYAN BIANDOV wrote: Again this (for clarity: life remaining expressed as %) IS NOT SmartSSD Wear Gauge reporting (that one is pretty useless imho).

Can you elaborate a little bit more about your opinion?

Why you said that HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge measurements are not equal (or related) to SSD Life Remaining expressed as a % value?

Did you see really big differences in values (at a point that SmartSSD WG reports incoherent values) or, at worst, you feel those differences (SmartSSD WG vs % Life Remaining) are unrelated each others?

Just curious...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner