ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752780 Members
6026 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I keep geting Non-System Disk Error SmartStart 5.50 - ML-370 (G1)

I keep geting Non-System Disk Error SmartStart 5.50 - ML-370 (G1)

This is really odd- I have tried 2 SmartStart 5.50 CDs with this same result. I have tried these same disks on a DL-380 and they work fine. It recognizes my Win 2K Advance server CD and will let me do an install. After the inatall I Cant Boot from the hard drive.

What am I missing or doing wrong. Also can't get into bios.
3 REPLIES 3
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Why can't you get into RBSU (Bios)? What is the last line at POST? Try the last F8 after the last array controller is initialized.

Once in RBSU check if the installed array controler is the 1st in the boot order.

Regards.

Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the ML370 G1 does not have an RBSU. It uses System Configuration Utility, which is usually installed as part of the SmartStart process. When the system configuration utility is installing, it will give you a message saying what the boot controller will be set to, and if you want to change it. Check if it really is your boot controller (Smart Array on Onboard SCSI).

Regards,
Stephen

I basicly am trying to configure this server from sctatch after some hardware issues (That have been corrected I/O (Motherboard Replacement). I Have tried Using both an intagrated Array controller and a 3200 and have the same issues with both even after using the 2 floppys to set my boot order (it is set to (CD-A-HD) I still get a non system disk error when trying to load the SmartStart 5.50 CD. I have tried seting up the arry from floppy and it seems to work.

I am totaly puzzeled.

Bob