1753797 Members
7990 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I need help. Internal heald led

Asier_1
Occasional Contributor

I need help. Internal heald led

Sometimes, in my server Proliant DL360 G3, the led of internal heald turn to an orange color and I can't access to the server. Someone can help me?
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Asier,
Please shut down the server and reseat your HDD if that's what you were talking about. Just make sure that all the cables and cards are sitting in properly. Reboot and also update the system bios.

Regards,
Asier_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jerath:

Maybe I explained in incorrect mode. I would like to know what is the cause of thath error. That's because if it is a hardware failure I have to call to HP to change it because the server is new.

Thanks.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Asier,
If the HDD light continues to be amber then certainly you should look into getting the HDD replaced. Sometimes by reseating this can correct the amber light as well.

Regards,
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Asier,

The Internal Health LED will be amber when the system is in a degraded state. This can be caused by a number of things however you can locate the source of the problem by looking at the system board LED's when this LED is amber.

Each CPU, PPM, Memory Dimm, Fan and the PCI riser card has a corresponding fault LED. If you look inside the top cover of the server there is a diagram with the location of each LED to help identify the source.

Please Note: If it is the Interlock LED which is causing the problem, you may have a loose PCI Riser card (If someone has recently fitted a new PCI card for example and forgot to lock the riser card in position). The next time your system has the fault, look at the system board and check which LED is lit. This will identify the problem for you.

I have attached a copy of the system board LED positions for your convenience.

I hope this helps.

Brian