ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753939 Members
9424 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

I was updating firmware on my dl 380 g6 to 9.3b firmware dvd. Lost all my nics !!!1

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

I was updating firmware on my dl 380 g6 to 9.3b firmware dvd. Lost all my nics !!!1

I was updating firmware on my dl 380 g6 to 9.3b firmware dvd. Lost all my nics !!! How do i get them back. I was doing firmware update through  ilo virtual media and after update it los all the nics. How do i get them back ?

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: I was updating firmware on my dl 380 g6 to 9.3b firmware dvd. Lost all my nics !!!1

Hi,

Dont know if NIC will come back online but you can try these things.  You need to have physical access to the server and try to update the Firmware again, if fails:

1.  Remove power to the server, wait for few seconds and reconnect the power, power on the server and check the NIC.

2.  Go into BIOS, under System Options > Embedded NICs, make sure NIC is Enabled.

3.  Go into BIOS, under System Default Options > Restore Default System Settings.

If the above three steps does not fix the issue:

4.  Power down the server and open the top panel/chassis.

5.  Turn ON the S6 switch from the "System maintenance switch (10)" (refer to image attached).

6.  Power on the server, you should see a message like Settings lost or default configuration.

7.  Power down the server, move the S6 switch to OFF position, close the top panel/chassis and switch ON the server.

This should fix the issue but how ever if there is really a hardware failure then you may need to replace the system board.

Good Luck!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo