1753965 Members
7322 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 1.82 Static IP bay configuration

Luangsay
Advisor

ILO 1.82 Static IP bay configuration

We have a trouble with the ILO firmware 1.82 on blades BL20p G3.
The functionnality "Static IP bay configuration" doesn't work properly.

When I launch this utility with the blade on the left on my enclosure, all the blades in this enclosure that have an ILO 1.82 don't manage to get their static IP address. But if there are blades with ILO firmware 1.75, they get their IP address.

Before we used to have only blades with ILO 1.75 and there was no problem.

Any idea?
8 REPLIES 8
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You can try to push all to 1.82 or downgrade all to same level
Try to reset from F8 all to defaults, also verify if DHCP in each ILO is disabled
Connect from front port of first server set Static IP Bay Config
Reset Management Module on the back (update if needed to 2.20)
Luangsay
Advisor

What do you mean by reseting Management Module on the back of the enclosure?

I have already tried all the other things you say:
*every blade with an 1.82 ILO
*default settings from the factory
*I connect to the first server and I launch
Static IP Bay Configuration utility.
But I does not configure anything...
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

It's new configuration or Servers was used previously?

Assuming that if you have enhanced enclosure, can you reset actual module at the back, you can swap signaling backplane with other server if following steps won't help. ( If Original enclosure you don't need that.)

If previously configured: what you see from Rack View each Ilo has IP address??
Can you connect to each Ilo either from Front or network and Select Only Enable IP Static, from Network Settings?
Than go to First server Bay 1! And Enable IP Static from Network Settings, at Static IP Bay set first IP address and Select bays from Checkbox that should be configured.
Use Help menu if needed
Save settings
Luangsay
Advisor

1) Yes, we have enhanced enclosure. But I still don't understand what you mena by "reseting actual module".

2) From the Rack View we can see an IP address for each ILO but there are default configurations from the factory.

3) When we connect to each ILO, we can only select "Enable IP Static bay configuration" from the Network Settings page.

The steps I follow to configure are:
* I go to server bay I
* on the page "Static IP bay configuration", I fill the fields and check the 8 boxes for my 8 servers blades of the enclosure.
* I click on "apply".
* After a few seconds, I insert my servers in the enclosure.

And then I can see that the servers I have inserted do not have their ILO IP configured (they still have the default ILO IP from the factory).
But, if I do the test with a server blade whose ILO is an 1.75 and I insert it in the same enclosure, I can see that this blade get the new ILO IP address.

So it seems that:
_ the enclosure is well configured
_ the servers with ILO 1.82 don't manage to get that configuration

Then I tried to go on a server with an 1.82 from the front panel. On the "Network settings" page, I ckeck yes for the "Enable Static IP Bay Configuration" parameter and I save this change with "apply". 60 seconds later, I can see that the servers has the right new ILO IP address.
But this is a real problem, because we have received more than 40 new BL20p G3, and I don't want to go on each ILO to put the parameter "Enable Static IP Bay Configuration" to yes!
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Honestly don't recall if there should be difference between 1.75 or 1.82, but according User Guide and usual Defaults settings: DHCP enabled.
Here is some extracts from User Guide:

iLO comes pre-configured with default factory settings, including a default user account and password. If iLO is connected to a network running DNS or DHCP, you can use it immediately without changing any settings.

From User Guide

Logging in to iLO for the First Time Using a Browser
NOTE: This procedure assumes that your network supports DNS/DHCP. If not, you must configure the IP address using the RBSU or, for ProLiant BL p-Class servers, through the iLO Diagnostic Port.
Luangsay
Advisor

We use a private PVLAN just for the ILOs and there is no DHCP, nor DNS.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

BTW just for future

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065042/c00065042.pdf

Page 37 Reset of actual Module (hot Plug procedure)

Page 129 Reset without taking Module Out

Either step can be used for troubleshooting, depend what problem you experience.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

If I get chance to test; to see if there would be difference between, 1.64 1,75 and 1.82. I expect when, first bay configured for Static IP and selecting Bay ##'s it should disable DHCP automatically for selected bay's. But I'm not sure if it will enable Static IP or it stays disabled, till manually it can be done. Both option Static and DHCP can be disabled when Manual IP should be assigned.