4601 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO-2 active directory login configuration

vluu
Frequent Advisor

ILO-2 active directory login configuration

Hi,

I have a DL380 G5 with an ILO-2 that is licensed and activated for advanced features.

Is there a way to set it up so that admins from two different domains can authenticate using their Active Directory accounts instead of using local accounts.

I have the Directory User context 1, 2, and 3 configured to where the user accounts reside and have distinguished names set in the group accounts.

Directory server address is pointing to the domain that the server resides on, Can we add another directory server (the other doamin) where the other users resides?

Hope I am clear, let me know.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check this
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00190541/c00190541.pdf

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
vluu
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the doc.

I already have my ilo-2 configured for Active directory using schema-free integration. It allows my AD account authentication because I am on the same domain as the ILO and server itself.

I have a problem allowing other admins from another different domain authenticate usng their AD credentials. Can this be corrected.

Many thanks again.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

in order to let the other domain admins log on to the domain in which is the iLO, you need to have a trust-relationship between both domains.
For the ilo alone I don't know but this is in generall about the interdomain authentication

Pac