5070 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

ILO Amplifier, number of servers, change license

ralfgro
Advisor

ILO Amplifier, number of servers, change license

Hi,

I downloaded ILO Amplifier and entered 100 servers during the registration. In the Q&A there is stated that there is no fixed limit for the number of servers. But on the info page in ILOAmplifier GUI I found this:

Registered for number of servers : 100

Is there any way to reenter the activation key? I reregisterd, this time with 1000 servers. But I can't find any way to change the key. I also performed a reconfiguration of the Amplifier, but it does not ask for a new license again. It this number bound to the license or is this even in the downloaeded ova?
7 REPLIES 7
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ILO Amplifier, number of servers, change license

Hi 

Please try : Page Nm 30 - Adding servers from a CSV file

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05384285

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ralfgro
Advisor

I've no prolbems in adding servers. The problem is that ILOAmplifier tells me that it's registered for only 100 servers, this is what I need to change.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi

It doesnt looks like its bound to the Installation file. (downloaded file)

Is it possible to share the Screenshot. Also try new appliance and select the Server range to be 1000 / 10000 and download the file.
And try to configure and check if the behaviour is same.

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ralfgro
Advisor

I was able to add more than 100 servers but I'm not sure what this "Registered for number of servers: 100" is about and if things will fail in future. I'd like to avoid redeploying the ova/VM, isn't there a way to just change the number of hosts?

2020-05-27 15_20_38.png2020-05-27 15_23_22.png

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Thank you for the Screenshot.

I am checking on this and will get back to you.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

"Registered for number of servers: 100" is just estimated number of servers you have mentioned during the time of registration.

At the time of registration to download HPE iLO Amplifier, when you specify the estimated number of servers, it will create Activation Key on bases of information provided.

This activation key is used at the first time you login to iLO amplifier, later you cannot change this activation key from iLO amplifier appliance or host.

As you said you'd like to avoid redeploying the ova/VM, but that is only the option to change “Registered for number of servers” value.

If you want to change "Registered for number of servers", you have to register on iLO Amplifier Pack page again and select any one of the below estimated number of servers and it will generate activation key accordingly.

https://iloamplifierpack.itcs.hpe.com/

Later take backup of your existing iLO Amplifier.

Deploy new HPE iLO Amplifier appliance and activate with new activation key.

Then restore the backup of your existing iLO amplifier to new iLO Amplifier appliance.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
jprabhak
HPE Pro

Hello, 

We have the latest version of iLOAmplifier 1.70 released. It can be downloaded  from My HPE Software Center webpage using your HPE Passport Login credentials. Click the Download button and a new page with the list of available binaries will be displayed. Download the appropriate file based on your method of installation to a local directory and follow the installation instructions given in the user guide. 

Hope this helps you!

JP
I work for HPE