7264 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO DL380G4

WW41383
Occasional Advisor

ILO DL380G4

Hello,

I have tried various settings in ILO, and now I am asked after pressing F8 for a password. The Login doesn`t work! Now I have read somewhere, to set the S1 switch on the motherboard to ON, do disable ILO security. After that, the system says: "ILO Security Overwrite Switch is set. ILO Security is disabled" After pressing F8 I get the Login GUI! What to do? Without an account, with and without a password isn`t working. It looks like pressing F10 isn`t working for login!
Is there a workaround? The ILO isn`t connected to network!

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

by disabling ILO security you are able to use it withot password and without account (that means login with both password and account fields blank)

after entering ILO Bios with f8 you have to configure the ilo IP. You have to options - static IP or DHCP.While the server is not in a network use a static ip for example 192.168.1.2

Next step is to configure server's NICs with an IP (for example 192.168.1.1).Afer that you can access the real ILO functionality via web interface (simply enter ILO ip in the internet browser and loggin with blank user and password)
WW41383
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

thank you for the answer!

But after disabling, I get the account and Passwort field. If I let the fields empty, I must press F10 (right?) But after pressing F10 nothing happens. After pressing F10 a few times and pressing Enter the system is beeping (one beep for each pressing) and then it reboots!

It seems that F10 isn`t working!

Any idea?

Thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you set the SW 1 in ON position after that you press F8 when ilo shows up no F10 just F8 and reconfigured ilo as dms told you, configure a new password for administrator / add new users and so on

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
WW41383
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

right, S1 setting is ON, server is booting and ILO F8 is displayed, I press F8, Account and Password for Login to ILO Raom Based Setting Utility occurs! Then I have the possibility to put in an account and password and to press ESC (Abort) or F10 for login!
Then I can put in an account, a password or not, or no account, and sometimes I must press F10 or I can wait hundred or more years. But after pressing F10, nothing occurs!

What to do?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

When in disabled mode you should be able to leave the fields blank and get into iLO.

Have you tried entering the iLO Administrator accound using the password on the toe-tag attached to the server?
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

That what you are saying is strange.You can reflash ILO Firmware and Server bios, and try the security disable procedure with the switch again
WW41383
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

the original admin with password from the label isn`t working!
The BIOS and ILO Update has improved nothing! Always the login question with no function after pressing F10!

Where can I originally activate the RBSU Login?
In ILO or in the server BIOS? If in server BIOS, how can I disable it or how can I reset the server BIOS to default settings?

Thanks!
dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

The Server Passwords menu in RBSU includes options that configure the password environment of the server:
├в ┬в Set Power-On Password
├в ┬в Set Admin Password
├в ┬в Network Server Mode
├в ┬в QuickLock

RBSU User guide:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00191707/c00191707.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

To reset RBSU to the default settings clear the NVRAM (can be done in RBSU, by the switch on the system board or in System Management Homepage)
WW41383
Occasional Advisor

Hello

In the manual I have found the BIOS Key for resetting NON-Volatile Memory, but after that, the ILO has the same behavior.
There is an second switch in BIOS for clearing ROM and Boot Disk. But I don`t want to delete my installation!
Is there a hardwareswitch on the motherboard for deleting BIOS?

Thanks!