New Discussion юеВ

ILO IP On DL320 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mousa55
Super Advisor

ILO IP On DL320 G3

Hi All,

i have HP ProLiant DL320 G3 server it's no ILO IP address configured on this server.
How i can configure the ILO IP address from A to Z.
Note: the OS available on server is MSWS 2008 R2 ENT ED SP2 64 BIT and i want to install RHEL 5.

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: ILO IP On DL320 G3

Hi Nejad,

there are two ways to configure the ILO
1. Offline method
reboot the server and get into ILO Bios by pressing F8 during post. There you may configure the ILO including IP address.

2. Online Method
Use HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility (HPONCFG) to configure the ILO within windows 2008

Download the utility
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1146658&prodNameId=1135772&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0fcb2f1331034568b60b4061f1

Hope this helps,

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Murali_V
HPE Pro

You may also reffer the "HP Integrated Lights-Out User Guide" for detailed steps....

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00209014/c00209014.pdf

Reffer page number 14 for "iLO configuration options".

Regards,
Murali V
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi All,

What is the recommended method to set ILO IP Console, using static IP or DHCP IP ?

Thanks,
Murali_V
HPE Pro

You can go with static IP if you have small amount of servers.
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

It is totally dependant on your network environment. If you have DHCP server in the network and want all IP parameter to be managed by a centrally located DHCP then you use DHCP.

If you don't have dedicated DHCP server
or
you want to seperate ILO network from NIC network, you may choose static IP as metioned in the previous post.

Hope this helps,

Please don't forget to assign points if informatiion provided you think is useful... :)

Cheers,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi All,

How i can know the ILO IP address when i using DHCP?

and i follow this instructions

1. Restart or power up the server.
2. Press the F8 key when prompted during POST. The iLO RBSU runs.
3. If prompted, enter a valid iLO user ID and password with the appropriate iLO privileges (Administer
User Accounts>Configure iLO Settings).
4. Make and save any necessary changes to the iLO configuration.
5. Exit iLO RBSU.

Thanks
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

You can find the ILO ip address in DHCP server by its Host name

by default ILO host name would be ILO plus the serial number of the server and same is also there on the tag which comes with the server.
e.g. ILO6J26JNT1706P

In worse case scenario, if you don't have any host set or you are remotely sitting or don't have ILO DNS name set

you can still find out the ILO ipaddress by running the nmap script
check this for details
http://blog.nachotech.com/?p=63

Cheeers!
Aftab
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi Again,

When i connect the cable between cisco switch and ILO port, i see orange color from cisco switch port and green from ILO port.

where is the problem?
C:\Users\nrizeq>ping 10.15.0.7

Pinging 10.15.0.7 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.

Thanks Ali
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

If ILO and System from where you are pinging are part of the same sub-net then you should be able to ping the ILO IP and DNS name.

just check with peer to peer connection which is connecting ILO directly with laptop or desktop using cross over cable and setting up the IP in the same network. Now ping the IP and if u get reply then u need to check the configuration at switch/router end.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo