New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO IP On DL320 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Murali_V
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

Are you able to launch iLO directly using laptop or desktop?

Regards,
Murali Mohan
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi,

was The problem from switch side, and it's resolved now. but i still need to activate the ILO advance features to i can login with remote session from my PC. and i don't have a key.

thanks
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

Excellent! I am glad to know that you were able to figure out the problem at switch end.

About ILO advance key:
You may download ILO advance evalution key for free which is valid for 60 days. http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/tryinsightcontrol/index.html

Thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi, and very thanks for your support.

I want to upgrade all this firmware and drivers as listed below on my server before installing the OS to be compatible with redhat 5_86-64 because the OS available on server now is MSWS 2008 R2 ENT ED SP2 64 BIT.

├В┬╗ BIOS - System ROM
├В┬╗ Driver - Lights-Out Management
├В┬╗ Driver - Network
├В┬╗ Driver - Storage Controller
├В┬╗ Driver - System Management
├В┬╗ Firmware - DVD
├В┬╗ Firmware - Lights-Out Management
├В┬╗ Firmware - Network
├В┬╗ Firmware - Storage Controller
├В┬╗ Firmware - Storage Tape

And I installed the Firmware Maintenance CDs, which include the latest firmware packages for a lot of hardware.
Link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=
en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=427542&prodNameId=3288091&swEn
vOID=4004&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-124beffbed3842cea0b9
b3f962

My questions

1- How I can know all old firmware version on server?

2- The Firmware Maintenance CD is it sufficient to upgrade all above list?

- If I need to use USB stick to offline upgrade what do you mean with ├в update command on step 5├в ?

First, you use this tool to make the USB stick bootable:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swIte
m=MTX-UNITY-I23839тМй=en&cc=us&idx=2&mode=4&

Once you've used this tool on your USB stick, the stick is bootable and ready to receive the firmware package (step 2 of the instructions of the storage controller firmware package).

Add the contents of the storage controller firmware package to the USB stick (step 3).

Then connect the USB stick to the server that needs the firmware upgrade, reboot the server, interrupt the boot sequence and change the BIOS settings to make the server boot from the USB stick (step 4, also described in the above-mentioned PDF).

step 5. Once you see the DOS command prompt
(gray text on black screen, typically "C:\>"), enter the update command (step 5).

Or tell me the best method to upgrade all firmware.

Thanks
Ali
HPE Pro

1- How I can know all old firmware version on server?

Answer : while running firmware maintainenance CD/firmware DVD it will list existing firmware and available to update in HP SUM

2- The Firmware Maintenance CD is it sufficient to upgrade all above list?

Yes, this is more than sufficient. however, if u still want to check the list of firmware available, you can check available firmware in txt file.

3. Firmware DVD
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1844067&prodNameId=1844068&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-98ce7a50a19a4d4994aaad8d0e

Firmware DVD is available on hp website in zip format
Contents of this ZIP file:

DVD ISO image
Readme.txt (list of all the firmware available in the CD)

ISO image that can be burnt into a DVD disk and can be used locally or remotely
or
ISO can be used remotely through ILO virtual media.
or
Another option is through USB key.
so many people don't have DVD Rom and want to use USB key, they can create bootable USB using the HP utility and put the firmware CD contents in the USB.

So it depends as which option is convinient to you.

refer to installation instructions for more help.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi,

finally, What is the main difference between Firmware Maintenance CD and Firmware DVD? and What is the best for using among them?
And Both including all drivers and firmware.

Thanks
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Nejad,

Firmware Maintenance CD has been replaced by Firmware DVD. The new HP Firmware DVD ISO combines the features of the firmware maintainence and BladeSystem Online Firmware Bundles for Windows and Linux, so we have one firmware DVD which can be used on normal proliant as well as on blade system to update the firmware.

How to use it?
that depends on your feasibility. if you are onsite and got DVD rom drive in the server then burn the ISO into DVD and use it offline.

If you have ILO configured and Advance pack is activated, you can use ILO virtual media to directly use ISO without burning it to DVD.

If you do not either of above mentioned options, then prepare USB key for update.

Firmware maintenance DVD: The ProLiant Firmware Maintenance CD delivers a collection of firmware for your ProLiant servers and options.

It contains firmware only

For drivers update, you can download Proliant support pack from HP website driver and software page by selecting the particular product.

Hope this answers all your queries related to firmware and drivers... :)

Cheers!
Aftab

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Ali
HPE Pro

Please don't forget to assign points if informatiion provided is useful... :)

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi All,

Deserve full tag

Thanks All