cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILO Issues

Lisa_64
Occasional Contributor

ILO Issues

My support people recently installed a DL380 and set up the ILO. This is a server that we frequently install. Anyway, when I try to access the ILO I get the login prompt but it doesn't accept the ID or password (neither the Administrator nor the user I set up). I have checked our settings with others we have set up and can see no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO Issues

What message do you get? Does it come up with a "ilo has detected a failed login attempt" message or is it a "page cannot be displayed"?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Lisa_64
Occasional Contributor

I get the following: (iLO has detected a failed login attempt. Cause: Unauthorized). I get this message with the Administrator password as well as the user I set up.

Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

Lisa- see if you have better luck by putting the IP in the web browser instead of the DNS name. i just had that happen to me and a 380 g2 a couple weeks ago. never knew why, but putting the ip in instead of the dns name allowed me to log in.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

Also it is better to upgrade the formware on the ILO since we had a couple of issues resolved with this.

RGds

Gopi
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. You may want to verify that the account name you used IS case Sensitive. It is NOT just the password that is Case Sensitive. If you entered a CAPS first letter then the account first letter must be in caps etc.. I know this sounds lame BUT the iLO/RILOII and RIBLOE's Logon Names are extremely case sensitive. IF you cannot ensure what the exact czse is you can run the iLO Onine Configurator to GET this information for you....

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20863.html
Lisa_64
Occasional Contributor

I have done everything everyone has suggested and have not gotten any further. I'm begining to think it is a system board issue. Thanks for all the suggestions.
David_746
Advisor

Try setting the jumper switch on the motherboard to disable the Ilo password. You can then get back onto the ILo and try changing the password or creating a new user.