ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt-LDN
Occasional Visitor

ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find the ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022 (ILO3)  and I was wondering if there is such a thing?

Any help most appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

System recommended content:

1. Advisory: (Revision) HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) - Disabling HP iLO Management Channel Interface Driver in Windows Device Manager will Disable iLO 2 Remote Console Keyboard / Mouse and Cause Long Delay During Boot

2. Windows Server 2022

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

Hi Matt,

one of the latest Servers with iLO3 is DL380 Generation 7 and this is Retired since 2013.
Usually, HPE delivers 5 Years after retirement Spare Parts and Software Updates.
Maybe a bit longer if there is a critical Bug found.
As far I can see, the latest OS Support was Windows 2008 R2.

But this is 8 Years after Retirement and it will be safe to say, that there will never come a Windows 2022 Support for the entire Server including iLO3.

Cali.

======================
I'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
waaronb
Respected Contributor

I was curious to see how my dusty old DL360 G6 would do running Server 2022, so I fired it up the other day and installed, directly from the downloaded ISO.

It actually installs just fine and runs. I installed the Server 2012 version of the ILO2 drivers which make device manager happy, but after installing the agents and SMH, it doesn't actually seem to be pulling any data on the hardware.

It does make the remote console mouse and keyboard happy (it syncs up the mouse cursor, which normally wanders around seemingly on it's own without that driver installed), so there is that.

I'm going to try the same thing on a G7 at some point with the ILO3. It may work a little better... the ILO2 is just so ancient that I'm surprised it worked at all, but the ILO3 even works with modern browsers. LOL - For ILO2 I'm stuck using IE since the SSL on it only supports outdated ciphers (and probably not TLS 1.2).

So, if you really want to give it a shot, for the G7 just grab the latest drivers (which are probably for Server 2012 R2) and use those. It'll either work or it won't, but it might be enough for your needs.

Matt-LDN
Occasional Visitor

Thanks so much! I tried the 2012 ILO3 driver and it installed just fine.

I haven't been able to get other drivers to install but that's ok - the DL380 is just for my home lab and it doesn't matter that I don't have the management agents etc on it. The ILO is handy to have though!

Thanks  for your help!

Matt