ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753532 Members
5509 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

SOLVED
Go to solution
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: ILO Management Interface Driver for Windows Server 2022?

Okay, according to some old HP support pages, temperature data never worked with WBEM and only via SNMP. That's kind of what I remembered, and that's why I would usually setup my servers for SNMP (plus I was pulling all that data via SNMP over to Solarwinds or something).

Maybe for "fun" I'll see why SNMP isn't working anymore after my update. it could be some other kind of restriction on snmp that Server 2022 uses, so I'll start just by looking at the snmp details itself with snmp walk and verify all the data is still there. Once again, I'm still happy enough with WBEM. It's just kind of interesting to see. This particular server is in a colocation and I've noticed that the ambient temp readings are usually great (even as low as 60F) which makes me think there's probably a vented floor panel right in front of our cabinet, but it's just always nice to know how things are going in general. I can use the ILO page to look at that, but the colo requires us to login via VPN to access ILO so it's more of a hassle doing it that way. I did set it up so the colo itself pulls IPMI data and shows up on our dashboard, but again, it's just not as convenient as having it available via SMH. I'm spoiled apparently.

EDIT:  Okay, I didn't do anything except uninstall and reinstall the agents. FYI, once again, if you try to run the cpxxx.exe it'll tell you the OS isn't supported. So use 7z to decompress, and you'll find the agents_x64.msi file you can install manually. The latest 11.0 version installed fine.

Maybe it was just doing that, but when I switched back to SNMP as the source for SMH, it all shows up great!  And now I remember some of the other things that SNMP shows that WBEM simply doesn't have, like the ILO health. I saw that my ILO had a couple of uncleared warnings, for example, which WBEM doesn't know about.

Likewise, the temp data is all there (ambient = 17C currently... not bad).  Has the link to the ASR settings as well, and so on.