108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO PASSWORD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

ILO PASSWORD

I forgot the ILO password for lights out. I know there is a new utility to change the pass without booting.

I dont want to use that. I want to use the jumper reset method. Can someone explain where I can find the jumper? Where is it located? DO I power down, remove jumper, put it back on and then power up? Is this how I reset the password to the default?
UNIX IS GOOD
2 REPLIES 2
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

Which server model do you have?
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor
Solution

In DL360 G2 there is a jumper, the others has DIP switches but the procedure is about the same (for DL360 see the attachment):

To set the iLO Security Override Jumper:
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server from the rack.
3. Remove the server access panel.
4. Locate the three pins of J29 and move the jumper from the front and center pins to the center and rear pins to override password security. J29 is to the front of the 30 pin Remote Insight Connector.
5. Replace the server access panel and put the server back into the rack by reversing steps 2 and 3.
6. Press the Power/On Standby switch to power on the server.
7. Logon to the iLO and reset the passwords.

A warning message will be displayed on the iLO Web pages indicating the iLO Security Override function is currently active. An iLO log entry will be added recording the use of the iLO Security Override. An SNMP alert may also be sent upon setting or clearing the iLO Security Override function.
In the unlikely event it is necessary, enabling the iLO Security Override also enables the iLO boot-block to be flashed. The boot-block will be exposed until the iLO is reset. Compaq recommends the iLO be disconnected from the network until the reset is complete.

To reset the iLO Security Override Jumper:
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server from the rack.
3. Remove the server access panel.
4. Remove the Security Override Jumper from the rear and center pins of J29 and place it between the front and center pins.
5. Replace the server access panel and put the server back into the rack by reversing steps 2 and 3.
6. Press the Power/On Standby switch to power on the server and resume normal operation.