ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753746 Members
4861 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Shared Network Port - how to?

ILO Shared Network Port - how to?

The answer to my question "seems" obvious, but it's not working.

Server (DL320 G4) has ILO2, flashed to ver 1.20, and the selection for "Shared Network Port" is present and selected. According to the documentation, the first standard NIC in the server should now act as both the ILO interface and production NIC for normal server traffic.

Problem: That setting appears to have no effect whatsoever. No matter what setting it's on (Enabled, Disabled, Shared Network Port) the ILO port still carries only ILO traffic and the first NIC carries only the regular service traffic.

Setting via the Web interface, and via the BIOS level menu, give the same result.

Anybody have a clue why ILO seems to ignore the Shared Network Port setting?
3 REPLIES 3
Willi Schwabe

Re: ILO Shared Network Port - how to?

Same problem to me: ML310 G3, ILO2, and "Shard Network Port" selected, SBS 2003 fresh installed (only the pure server, i dont want to install the SBS without the second NIC in the system) and afterwards the Support Pack 7.51 started. NIC HP NC320i gets his IP from the Router (192.168.8.100/192.168.8.1=RouterA). I tried the ILO2 with DHCP (192.168.1.2/192.168.1.1=RouterB) - not visible in Windows, dito with ILO-DHCP off and manual configured to: 192.168.1.2. What am I doing wrong? Or is there a flaw in reasoning?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I saw that message in the email broadcasts (I subscribe to the ProLiant mailing list) and was hoping it would address why the Shared Port would not work no matter how set, but alas it does not.

No matter how I set it up (BIOS, ILO web interface) the Shared Port still does not function properly. The ILO and NIC ports act as if set up separately. :-(