1752576 Members
4364 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ILO and Boot Disks

Jonathon Fitch

ILO and Boot Disks

I'm using Barts Boot Disk through the ILO on a DL380 G4, with firmware 1.82, and I'm having a strange symptom come out of it. I'm not sure if it's an ILO thing or a boot disk thing, although I'm leaning more toward the ILO at this point. If you aren't familiar with Barts disk it's a very handy dos based boot disk that used to images servers when you don't have cool things like RDP. My problem is that when the disk is completely loaded and it drops me out to a dos prompt I can't type anything except a space. I'm eventually able to get it working again by pressing combinations of ctrl, alt, shift, and then different keys. It acts like a keyboard does sometimes on a PC when the window key, context key, ctrl, alt, or shift keys get "stuck" and you have to press the stuck key combo to get it working fine again. Has anyone seen anything like this happen?

Another oddity to this is during the boot disk process I am prompted for MSNET credentials for the login and I am able to type there, just not when I get to the final prompt.
1 REPLY 1
Jonathon Fitch

Re: ILO and Boot Disks

Another update to this: It seems that when I press Alt-C after it hit the login prompt the keyboard returns to normal.