ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753281 Members
5649 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO e-mail alerts only for NIC or Battery?

JamesCarter
Occasional Contributor

ILO e-mail alerts only for NIC or Battery?

Hi folks,

on an ML150Gen9 server hardware alerting works only partial. I.e. when I pull the network cable and plug it in again I get an e-mail warning ("network link restored"). A broken cache battery also triggered a mail alert some weeks ago. But when I connect an USB flash drive nothing happens.. This was different on an older system, which was not setup by myself, where I got an e-mail "USB drive plugged in". Even when I pull out the hotspare drive of my RAID 1 system (P440, all drives are hotplug) I don't get a message.  Can't find a way to configure whether or which incident should trigger an alert. It's ILO 4 with firmware version 2.53; OS ist 2012 R2, SPP 2017.04 is installed.

Does someone have an idea what could be the reason?

Thanks and regards,
Stefano

4 REPLIES 4
JamesCarter
Occasional Contributor

Forgot to say that I use only ILO/Agentless Management and not SMH/WEBM/SNMP. Thanks.

StefanoFereri
Advisor

No one, folks? Stupid question?
TryAndError
Occasional Visitor

Stefano,

did you get it working meanwhile? I never could make AMS/ILO/alerting work on my ML150Gen9. No useful help from HPE.

Regards,
Fridolin

ukdc
Advisor

Stefano,

I think there are two issues here:

1. Are the events you described deemed to be below the "interesting event threshold" by the ILO f/w?
  2. Are alerts being generated (in principle) via other channels (but for some reason the email method was omitted)?

SO - in both the cases you mentioned, did anything show up in the ILO event log or the IML? Also -- if you have remote syslogging enabled or an SNMP trap listener, it would be useful to know if they "hear" the alerts. If so, then the events are indeed "interesting" but just not sent via email.

Good Luck!

Richard.