4498 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO failed diagnostic (self test at POST) on ML310e G8

_sirca_
Occasional Advisor

ILO failed diagnostic (self test at POST) on ML310e G8

Hi,

yesterday, during POST, after (??) install a usb 3.0 addon card based on nec chipset, I get a

"Controller firmware revision 2.09.00 Embedded media manager failed initialization"

notification on ilo diagnostic page and a notification in POST page.

I removed the add on card, but the message remain, so I think the issue is not related (??) to usb 3.0 card.

I tried to reflash mb firmware and ILO firmware to the latest revision.

Also I reset the ILO and bios, but the message is again here.

I don't think the add on card had damaged the proliant, so I suppose (I hope) there is a method to restore the correct state.

Other that the server is functioning in usual way (esxi 6.0 or Scientific Linux 6.7).

Also the internal SD reader is functioning properly.

Can you help me?? :)

Thank you in advance.

:)Best Regards from Rome :)

Andrea

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Don't know how you reset the ILO.

Did you try press F8 during POST, then on the first text based screen you see the "defaults" item.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
_sirca_
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

I did reset to factory defaults of ilo, but the alert is always notified at POST and in diagnostic ilo web page.

I dis reset also through the reset button in ilo web ui, which does not reset added user and network settings, but not solve the issue.

I did 1 hour diagnostic test through the intelligent provisioning insight diagnostic tool without no error or issue.

Server seems to be ok (normal functioning) apart the diagnostic alert.

Futhermore with ilo firmware 2.10 the notification is ONLY "Controller firmware revision 2.09.00 Embedded media manager failed initialization" in diagnostic ilo page.

With ilo firmware 2.30 there is always the same message and there is also the "Embedded Flash/SD-CARD: Embedded media manager failed initialization."  CRITICAL notification in ilo web log.

Any idea???

Thank you :)

Andrea