5425 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO missing

Remco Ehlen
Occasional Contributor

ILO missing

Hello,

We have a DL380 G2 server with an ILO board. When the server starts, there's no option to enter the setup of the ILO board. I see the array controller, PXE, etc. but nothing that has to do with ILO.

What can I do to bring the ILO board back online?
5 REPLIES 5
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, I would once again confirm for iLO options at boot up. It should be seen before Array controller settins. Otherwise I would suggest you to check through iLO port to see if iLO is alive. If you dont have a clue of what the address could be I would suggest to connect with ur laptop and use an IP scanner software, saves a lot of time. Default IP address should be 192.168.1.1, try with a cross cable first.
Kanagaraj.G
Advisor

Hi,

It seems, iLO board is not detected. Kindly check with RILOE card and try to refix.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Enable Ilo Override Security at the system board
See top panel labels with legend, how to do that and clear NVRAM
Brian Murdoch
Advisor

Hi,

The DL380G2 has no embedded ILO so the RILOE or RILOEII module has to be installed in PCI slot 1. There is a cable running from the system board up to PCI slot 1 which fits into the RILOE module. This passes keyboard and mouse input to the RILOE.
Make sure the board is seated properly in PCI slot 1, the cable is attached. The video cable goes to the RILOE board but the keyboard and mouse connectors go to the normal ports on the system board. They are rerouted via the cable.

It could be a poorly seated PCI riser card but this is unlikely as it puts on an internal health fault led when its loose.

Just make sure everything is seated properly.

I hope this helps.

Brian