cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILO not responding in Internet Explorer

Lanlady
Occasional Visitor

ILO not responding in Internet Explorer

I have two clustered DL380 Proliant servers that are out of warranty. The ILO's have stopped responding when I try to access them in IE. They both stopped responding at the same time. I can access them at startup and ping them. I can also see them in Insight Manager. I don't believe they have gone bad, but maybe. Could there be a certificate issue? How can I check? The firmware version is 1.89.
7 REPLIES
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO not responding in Internet Explorer

Hi,

I'd have thought it unlikely that two iLOs would go bad at the same time.

When you say "stopped responding" what exactly do you mean ? What error do you get in IE ?

I'll guess that something may have changed in your browser configuration. Proxy server settings maybe...

Cheers,

Rob
Lanlady
Occasional Visitor

I get "page cannot be displayed". The address line shows the correct IP address. I can access other ILO's using the same IE settings. Like I said, I can open a DOS box and ping the same address so I know I have a good connection. I'm really hoping they aren't bad...

Thanks
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

can you just take server down, reset defaults settings from f8 set temp IP address and get direct connect to another Server or Laptop with same network, can you access than ? also firmware 1.91 I believe is available
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You could try using SSH to connect to the iLOs instead of using the browser.

If you're not familiar with this you'll need an SSH client such as PuTTY http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

If that does connect, it would suggest something wrong with your browser. Maybe you need to clear your cache...?

Cheers,

Rob
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

mmmm just in case have you tried firefox?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Set all IE settings to minumum security, disable any firewall and test..

I won't recommend to change iLO's config but to look in your machine's config first...

Try from a different machine. Update firmware and iLo driver...

Last step is clearing NVRAM and iLos config.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

in addition to the other suggestions
do the ilo's have a permanent or dhcp adress?
remember you can turn on the system by ilo, so you need to remove the powercords (not only powerswitch) to reset ilo itself.
if the system cannot be taken down and you only want to reset the ilo, there is also the "C:\program files\hp\hponcfg\hponcfg.exe" to access the ilo.
try "hponcfg /get_hostinfo" to display current information, "/reset" to reset to factory defaults or other options.