1752817 Members
4791 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO

Robert Hubbell

ILO

I have a DL360 G2. I disabled ILO in the device manager while installing Citrix. I have since re-enabled the ILO. Neither before or after have I been able to connect to the ILO over the network. Am I missing something easy here?
2 REPLIES 2
Kent Vesser

Hi Robert,
Forgive me if you have already tried these things, since I can't tell from your message, and if I go over something that is an "Uh Duh," forgive me as well. Have you verified that the ILO board isn't retaining an IP address that you aren't expecting it to be using, or that its DNS name is incorrect. That happens to me a lot. I would guess you have already checked those things when you boot up the server and look at the ILO board's RBSU settings. If not watch during the server's post for a message saying "Remote Insight Board...[F8]" Hit F8 and that should let you in to check and adjust the settings. I suppose you have verified that you have a good link light and network activity from the board. You might want to check with your network people, and verify that whatever switch or hub port you are connected to is configured correctly for the server. It would be pretty easy to connect the server to an incorrect VLAN and not be able to get to it as a result. Let me know if any of these things help. I'll get e-mailed whenever someone posts to this.
Robert Hubbell

Kent, thanks for the note. I took your advice on contacting the network guys, seems they put me in the wrong segment. Definitely a "Duh" sort of problem. Thanks for the help!!