ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753830 Members
9839 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ILO2 and networks card only blink when server is off and appears disabled in bios

Yves007
Occasional Collector

ILO2 and networks card only blink when server is off and appears disabled in bios

Hello All,

I got a problem on my HP Proliant ML310 gen5 (yes i know it is an old server but i need to use it for a special purpose). In fact my problem concern the ILO port and integrated network card. When the server is poweroff the ILO port and network card blink well but i poweron the server the y seems to be disabled and when i entered into the bios it says mac1 disabled, i find any config to enable it with no success. Configuration available on integrated network card only related to PXE boot and even when i put it on the mac always display disabled.

Do anyone already faced this issues, is it something related to the motherboard like the maintenance switch or other config? i really need somes advices, i already tried since severals days to enables thoses devices.

Thanks in advance for your support

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: ILO2 and networks card only blink when server is off and appears disabled in bios

Hello,

I hope the below customer advisory will help you

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c00695025

As well as you can try the below steps if the issue still persists.

1. Re-flash the BIOS on the server. Maybe go down a level, go up a level.

2. If you go into BIOS, you see the MAC address of the NIC there?

Maybe there is an option to disable/enable.

3.. Cleare the NVRAM.

4.if the issue still persists, the system board needs to be replaced.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo