ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
5783 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO2 integrated console throws OUT OF MEMORY error

ILO2 integrated console throws OUT OF MEMORY error

Hi, once I open a second ILO2 integrated console with IE6, I get the following error:
Out of Memory - Error 0x00000008 creating hScreenBitmap. Size is 2048 x 2048

I get the same error when using another browser, for example Maxthon. Firefox does not work at all (as stated by HP anyway)
Somebody has any input on this one?
Regards
Alex
9 REPLIES 9
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hi, alex,

The problem is in your browser - restart the machine that you're using for the connection and it will work.

Firefox WORKS with ilo 2 - just use the "remote console" instead of the "integrated remote console" - this is noted in the ilo's Maintenance and service guide :)

Thanks for your input, however I do not want to restart my machine, if I want to open a remote console as I do not want to restart my machine to open a pdf document ;-). Regarding Firefox, yes I know, the old Java based console works - which does not help me, since I need the ActiveX based one. I'm not low on memory - so where does this error message come from?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I've had the same issue but I've never tried to open to remote consoles in fact I got the error once in while using just or when I try to open only one Remote console

I always think is maybe my system is overload

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Johan Peterson

Hi,

I have just the same problem. It always happens if I try to open two iLO sessions at the same time. Sometimes it also happens when I try to open the first session.

It is very frustrating! When it happens IE crashes (all instances) and there is nothing I can do about it. I have iLO 2 firmware on my servers.

Restarting my computer every time it happens is not an issue!

Regards
/Johan
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See page 197 of the "Integrated Lights-Out 2 User Guide"
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I upgrade iLO2 fw to 1.60,
but it still doesn't fix this bug.
Regards.

Terence
Joshua Hirsh
Occasional Advisor

Funny.. the topic referenced by David on page 197 of the "Integrated Lights-Out 2 User Guide" states:

"To correct these types of errors, close some IRC sessions or add memory to the client machine to allow more sessions to be open simultaneously."

And yet I get these same errors when initiating IRC from certain servers, even if it's the ONLY IRC attempting to start, and the server has almost nothing else running with 16 GB of memory free. Obviously something else is wrong here. Any other suggestions David?
ccooley
Occasional Advisor

I'm having a similar issue - the ILO2 IRC (1.70 + 1.78) eventually freezes IE7, and after a few painful minutes of trying to force IE to quit, I can regain control of my PC. I'm not sue if it's relevant, but I have dual monitors attached to an Intel 965e video card.