1753793 Members
6866 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO4 - ProLiant DL380p Gen8

ckelly
Occasional Visitor

ILO4 - ProLiant DL380p Gen8

We have a few servers where the ILO4 interface seems to lose its ability to route. If i am within the subnet of the ILO server i can ping/webgui/SSH without issue. If i am in another subnet(routing is functional) i cant reach the ILO interface at all(ping/web/ssh). For a short period of time after an ILO reset, everything works perfectly. Obviously this isnt ideal and im running out of ideas. 

The gateway is correct on the ILO(hence the working for a short period). I can also ping the default gateway(L3 switch) without issue. there are no restrictions on l2 or l3 traffic in this subnet or in others. 

I have upgraded ILO firmware to 2.77(latest?). 

I looked through the setting to see if there was a security feature stopping traffic, but couldnt find anything.

Has anyone run into this?

3 REPLIES 3
eYc
Collector

Hello,

i do know this behavior too, but only with Gen10-Servers with iLO5. It happend four times in the last few months, that iLO5 suddenly was not reachable from network, but from other server in the same subnet we had access to it. When i connected my Notebook directly to the iLO-Port, to check the settings, there was nothing wrong (IP-Adress, Subnet Mask and Gateway), and everything else was fine, too. Only an ilO-Reset resolved the Problem.

iLO Version was the latest for iLO5, i think, til 2.19 in November/December when it occurred last.

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

I would suggest to contact your netwok/Firwall team to check the issue .

If there is no issue observed with network/Firewall side and you may need to log a support case with HPE for detailed investigation .

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ckelly
Occasional Visitor

Yeah a reset works but only for a short time. I've resorted to a vm jump box for now. I am the network/firewall team and I haven't found what the problem could be.