108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMD for Proliant 1600

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Percival
Frequent Advisor

IMD for Proliant 1600

Well, my Proliant runs like a dream, but there was a blanking plate on the front panel just crying out to have an IMD fitted. I acquired one, but need some advice on connecting it up. I read in the forums that I need a Y-Cable (283685-001 or spare part 306565-001).

Looking at the cable fitted onto the IMD I have, there is just a single 34 pin cable similar to a floppy drive. There is a blanking plug on one pin which seems to marry up with the larger (20 pin) of the two connectors on the Proliant. Am I right in assuming that a Y Lead is the same cable as the single lead I have, only with a 20 pin and a 14 pin IDC fitted to a 'split' cable instead of the 34 pin IDC I have on both ends of this one?!!

Rather than spend any more money on a new cable, it would be just as easy for me to make up a new one or modify the one I have.
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor
Solution

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=306565-001

There are two IMD's for the PL1600, here are the option part numbers:

Integrated Management Display (Beach Gray) -
264377-B23
Integrated Management Display Option (Opal) -
127409-B21
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Mike Percival
Frequent Advisor

John, you are a hero! The photograph was good enough to make out the arrangement of the IDC connectors and my theory was right. I cut off the 34 pin IDC, split the cable back a couple of inches and crimped on a 20 and a 14 pin connector. Job done! Many thanks. As soon as I can figure out how to post points, you will get a full set!
Tony Mayzes

Mike,
Any chance of some more details. I have exactly the same problem, and I can't even work out from the service manual where the 20pin plug would need to go... Any help would be brilliant...

Thanks
Tony
Mike Percival
Frequent Advisor

Drop me an email and I will send you photos and details!

mpercival@trentontechnical.com