ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753971 Members
7861 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IP Console 1x3x16 Local User Password?

Carl Woldberg
Occasional Contributor

IP Console 1x3x16 Local User Password?

I have an IP Console Switch that works fine in remote mode - I can manage the switch, view server consoles, update firmware, etc. I can logon to the serial port interface and set network parameters, reset the unit, etc. The IP Console is running firmware 2.1.5. The interface adapter has been updated to 3.00.01. The problem I am having is that I cannot logon to the local console - the real keyboard, mouse and monitor that are hooked to the IP Console switch. When the IP Console is powered on the local monitor displays the word "Free" in a box. When I hit the "Print Scrn" key I am prompted with a Windows-like dialog box titled "Password". The dialog has an hp logo on the left side. There is a place to enter the password and an "OK" button. No place to enter any sort of user ID. Blank (no password) does not work, "Admin" (capitalized in every combination" does not work. I've reset the unit many times from the serial management port but still am unable to get past this password prompt on the local console. Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2
Johann Villalba_1
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem a few years ago with a 4-Port Console from Compaq, i put a password and forgot it. I call to the Compaq Support Center and they send me a checklist for reset to factory defaults. I think this is the only way.

regards,

jv
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please check these options.

Password Recovery
Switch login (login screen is displayed when you connect to a switch using the IP Console Viewer)
Default: User Name = Admin Password i.e., leave it blank
Recovery: Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults.
Switch local port (when connected directly to the KVM connectors on the switch)
Default: User name = Password = i.e. both are empty strings or not defined.
Recovery Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults.
Switch serial port (when connected to the serial port on the back of the switch)
Default: User name = Password = i.e. both are empty strings or not defined.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible