108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IP KVM can't login...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

IP KVM can't login...

Have aquired a 3/1/16 IP KVM. Setup using serial ports...all ok. Set IP and tried to connect using HP IP Console Viewer. Popup asks for password....used password set up for when configuring switch... no luck.

Please any suggestions would be helpful.

Can setting KVM back to factory defaults clear passwords back to known setting? (such as Admin with no password?)

Louis
3 REPLIES 3
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: IP KVM can't login...

Hi,

This should help. this try for password. 00000000 (eight zero's).

Password Recovery

Switch login (login screen is displayed when you connect to a switch using the IP Console Viewer) Default: User Name = Admin Password i.e., leave it blank Recovery: Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults. Switch local port (when connected directly to the KVM connectors on the switch) Default: User name = Password = i.e. both are empty strings or not defined. Recovery Connect to serial port with a terminal program - select 5 from the main menu to reset to factory defaults. Switch serial port (when connected to the serial port on the back of the switch) Default: User name = Password = i.e. both are empty strings or not defined.

IMPORTANT: Lost Serial Port Password If the customer looses the password that was set for the serial port, this is considered an Out-of-Warrenty event. The warranty does not cover lost passwords to the console switch serial port. The KVM switch must be returned AT CUSTOMER EXPENSE to HP for replacement.

That will also fix the problem :) Remember to assign points to answers that helped in your problem. So the forum stays alive...
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks,

Will try suggestions tonight and post results.

V/r

Louis
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Suggestion worked, great information.

Thx...Louis