ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753801 Members
7701 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISA2006 on DL360 G5 (applying settings / RPC)

gjburg
Occasional Advisor

ISA2006 on DL360 G5 (applying settings / RPC)

Hi, when I try to install ISA2006 on a brand new DL360G5 then windows hangs on applying personal settings.

ISA isn't working and the event viewer reports

Event Category: None
Event ID: 1053
Description:
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The RPC server is unavailable. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And my server is extremely slow. When I disable the onboard HP network adapter and uses a intel pci-e network card. Then the machine don't have this problem. Also the G4 model doesn't have this problem.

Is this is known problem? I've downloaded the lastes 7.80a supportpack but this didn't solve the problem.

Regards Gert Jan
4 REPLIES 4
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Are you using the onboard nics like a Team or individual?
gjburg
Occasional Advisor

I'm using the onboard nic's induvidual. But if I enable one of the onboard nic's the problem is there immidiately. ISA isn't working anymore and the machine needs 6 or 7 minutes from entering the password till I have the desktop.

When I use both ports on the Intel NetXen induvidual the machine is running fine.

I now have tested ISA 2006 on two DL360 G5 machines and they both have the same problem. I also removed the HP insight tools but didn't solve the problem.

Hi,

please disable Receive Side Scaling for the internal HP (Broadcom) Networkcards.
Should work, if not pls. let me know.

Regards,
Michael
gjburg
Occasional Advisor

Yes it works!!

I forgot to write this in the forum. I openend an official HP case and they told me the same a few days ago.

Thanks anyway..!