1752761 Members
4986 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ilo Password Lost - BL20P Blade Servers

Paul_417

Ilo Password Lost - BL20P Blade Servers

Hi,

I know that HP doesn't Keep Ilo Passwords and if the customer forgot to maintain the password or lost the password after building the server. how do they get into the server in the time of Crisis, which is impacting the business. There should be someway to get into the box or reset the password for Ilo. Any ideas or suggestions.
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

There are 2 alternatives:

Power down blade, remove and crack the hood and set the security override switch documented in the "Setup and Installation Guide" at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/installation_guides/307158-001_rev1_us.pdf on page E-9. I believe it is also on the diagram on the inside of the cover.

Use the online configuration utility at http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20863.html to reset the Administrator password.
Paul_417

Thank you David, your suggestion was really a big help. that solved our problem.

Paul
Darrenrd
Advisor

Hi, Paul
were you able to use the latter method that David suggested without knowing the administrator password. I have a remote server that I support and I have no idea whats the password . The server is using a RILOE II card, seems that the only way to reset is via RSBU in my case..

Use the online configuration utility at http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20863.html to reset the Administrator password.

Thanks
Darren
Live life like there is no tomorrow
Paul_417

Hi Darren

I used the first one, that is DIP switch settings change. I just override the ILo settings, changed the password and enabled the ILo security. That solved my case.

Paul