4207 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ilo Update Error 7 / DL380G9

Askahain
Advisor

Ilo Update Error 7 / DL380G9

Hello,

i try to update the ILO via SPP stick. It updates some components but faild to update the ILO.

ERROR: Unable to obtain current ILO 4 firmware version and/or serial number. []

Return code: 7

Also i can't reset the ILO. Everytime select to reset and restart it keeps all information (IP,Hostname,...)

Is this a hardware error on the board ?

With kind regards

Askahain

13 REPLIES 13
hunter86_bg
Frequent Advisor

Re: Ilo Update Error 7 / DL380G9

I think this is iLO4. You can obtain the iLO4 update file and upgrade via the iLO web interface.

Edit: You can reset (to factory defaults) iLO during the initial system initialization.
Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

i can't access ELO via the webinterface. I get the following message:

"Connection with iLO cannot be established. If you recently made changes to the network configurations, you may need to refresh this page to re-negotiate an SSL connection."

Where is the point "initial sysmte initialization" ?
I have tried it via Systemconfig->iLO4 Configuration Utility->Set to Factory defaults and Reset ilO.

Everytime the system reboots and tells me that it resets but after the next reboot nothing have changed. I also removed all batteries from the board but the iLO keep its information (IP,Hostname,...)

Is there another way to reset the iLO ? 

hunter86_bg
Frequent Advisor

Initial system initialization is when you start the server.
If you have local access, you can power up and during the Hardware checks you will see a notification if you wish to reset iLO to defaults (wipe everything).
Press that key and follow the prompts.

Edit: If you have access to OS, you can use various HPE utilities like hponcfg to wipe and reconfigure the iLO.
Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

i have no option to access the ilo in the bootup process.

i think it have to be on the point where i get the following message. This is the reason why i try to update iLO. (I was told to do so to solve the message.)

Error Message:

333-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. Bios configuration resources may not be up-to-date.
Action: Reset iLO FW and reboot the server. If issue persists, AC power cycle the server.

With kind regards

Askahain

hunter86_bg
Frequent Advisor

Just power off and disconnect all power supplies simultaneously and after 1 min plug back and power on.

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

i have done this (muliple times) the system was completly unpluged for more than one day. As described above i also removed all batteries but there was no change.

hunter86_bg
Frequent Advisor

According to the user guide ( https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04436966 ) , in page 20/21 there is a description of the system maintenance switch position.

Can you check the status there , especially for S1/S2 ?
Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

all microswitches are in at the default "off" position.

Askahain
Advisor

Hello,

the microswitch question leads to the idea to disable iLO security. After this i could login the ilO page via webbrowser. After many reloads of the page (the page frezzes and disconnects) i could install the latest firmware i found (2.78). But the problems still exists. The systems shows me a message that i should reset the bios.

---------------------
338-HPE RESTful API Error - Unable to communicate with iLO FW. Bios configuration Resource may not be up-to-date.
Action: Restore Manufacruting Defaults in RBSU.
---------------------

After the reset and a restart the ilo "lost" its ip but the system still tells me that it is unable to communicate with the iLO (Error 338).
After unpluging the system and a new start the ilo gets back its "old" ip. Still telling me that it is unable to communicate with iLO (Error 338).
For me it looks like that a major part from the communication on the systemboard to ilo ist missing.