1748022 Members
5313 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ilo3 remote console use unknown keyboard layout

Romain1508

Ilo3 remote console use unknown keyboard layout

Hi,

On a DL360 G7,  ilo3 keyboard layout is unknown. I use an azerty keyboard. I installed Windows 2008 R2 french on the DL360. When i connect an azerty keyboard to usb port, everything is ok. But when i try to use the remote console (.net or java), the keyboard seems to be qwerty but when i tape "$", the character displayed is "m". So it's not really a US keyboard. My ilo firmware is 1.10. I installed the last firmware using the firmware cd 9.0c.

Why the remote console change my keyboard layout? How can i change it?

Regards,

Romain

3 REPLIES 3
TMARIET
Visitor

Bonjour

J'ai aujoud'hui le même problème que je n'arrive pas à resoudre. Aviez trouvé une solution ?

Merci

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Your keyboard produces scan codes (or their USB equivalents: HID keyboard events), which the OS interprets into characters using the configured keyboard layout.

But when you use a remote console, the translation to characters is already done when .net or java gets the input. The iLO remote console must then "reverse-map" the characters back into scancodes/events, so that it can inject them into the PS2 or USB subsystem of the server, to make them indistinguishable from real keyboard input. To do that correctly, it must know which keyboard layout it is supposed to present to the server.

If the keyboard layout configured to the iLO and the keyboard layout configured to the server OS are not in agreement, the resulting keyboard mapping can be very strange. Been there, seen that with older iLO versions; apparently iLO3 is not very different in this regard.

MK
juan666
Occasional Visitor

so how excatly can i resolve this ? please can you explain