cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image server

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Image server

I am running Win2k adv server on my machine and have a problem uploading images to it. I use Drive Image Pro to make my images and use a boot disk to boot the Machine to dos and attach to the share I have on the server. I have no problems attaching to the server but uploading the image to the server is slow. Takes hours.
I have replaced NIC adapter, updated SCSI adapter, Changed cables, and even replaced HUB, and also a reload of Win2k no luck. I can however send my image to a diffrent machine, one of my other clients on the network and it works just fine. The problem is just sending the image to the server is slow. I have also tried to use Ghost and end up with same results.
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Image server

Do other machines on the network have speed issues with the server. If not, look toward the dos driver you are using. You may only have capability for 10 Mbs at half duplex under DOC where in a client operating system 100 mbs full duplex is capable. The NIC in the server may not recognize the speed and duplex setting and may be having trouble negotiating a speed. Try setting the nic in the server at the appropriate settings without auto-negotiation and dee if this makes a difference.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I tried changing those settings but still no luck. I have the same problem sending the image in dos no matter what client I am using. But sending Client to Client is fine.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Try use this settings in PROTOCOL.INI for 100 Mbps Full Duplex:

[DriverName$]
DriverName=Drivername$
SPEED=100
FORCEDUPLEX=2