108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Imaging DL380 G7

vanlagh
Occasional Contributor

Imaging DL380 G7

Hello,

Need some advice here!!!

What software do I need to create an image file from DL380 G7?

(i've googling and find some way using norton ghost...

but i don't know which version i have to use and i doubt it will work on RAID disk... )

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
limaxlnc
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

You can use Clonezilla-live-20110530-natty for Creating an Image. You can download it from the below link. If you have any issues let me know.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clonezilla/files/clonezilla_live_alternative/20110530-natty/clonezilla-live-20110530-natty.iso/download

ajayxlnc

Limaxlnc
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Were your servers sold with an Insight Control license? Most of the time it is for the ILO Advanced license...

In that case you also have a license for RDP Rapid Deployment Pack from HP which is the official tool for deployment of HP Proliant servers... It is based on Altiris Deployment Server and has all scripts and intelligence inside for support of all Proliant servers and hardware like RAID controllers...

With this tool you can create and deploy images really easily...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
vanlagh
Occasional Contributor

hi bart & ajay,

thanks for replying..

here's the situation..

we have 10 - 20 server which are located in different site without hardisk and network facility..
Our IT department asked me to create an image file from our head department's server (RAID 5 configuration) and then restore it back into different hardisks
(same RAID 5 configuration). those harddisk (with image file restored inside) will be sent and installed on our site's server.

Bart, unfortunately we only have ILO advanced license...:(

Ajay, have you tried clonezilla on server before? is there any problem with RAID 5 configuration?
because my friend told me when he used ghost boot CD with RAID 5 configuration on DL380 g7, he got fail..

thanks

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

You can always go to www.hp.com/go/tryinsightcontrol and download a 60-day trial license...

Then you can create the image file and re-distribute it decentral with the Altiris tools... Really flexible...

I do not have experience with third-party tools that supports the RAID controllers... With the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit you can script a lot, but during the boot of the server pushing F8 to enter ORCA goes as quick for 10-20 servers...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
vanlagh
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bart...I'll try !! :smileyhappy:

BludGeont

This solved my problem.  The latest stable release of Clonezilla from 11/2011 did not work.  Thank you very much for this information, you are a life saver.