New Discussion юеВ

Imaging HP ProLiant DL140 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
CraigV
Advisor

Imaging HP ProLiant DL140 G2

Morning All,

I need to image an HP ProLiant DL140 G2 for our client in Africa. This is an obvious solution for a lack of bandwidth, expertise etc.
I have consider using Ghost, but would like to know what the best solution will be.
With Ghost I'll be able to create a boot CD, and then write the image to a DVD, making life a lot easier for us, and the user on site, should they have a catastrophic failure of their server. It's also the application I know best in doing this!

Thanks,

Craig
2 REPLIES 2
Brian McClue
Solution

Re: Imaging HP ProLiant DL140 G2

Hello, not sure if anyone else has answered with suggestions yet.

We used to use Powerquest Drive Image and have played with Ghost which I know are the "main" solutions. But both carry a price and have their own peculiarities.

I would also suggest that you take a look at a product called "Drive Snapshot" (http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/) - don't be put off by the site, this sofwtare is great, the poroduct is cheap, there are no messy installers and I generally run this in conjunction with BART's PE boot disk. Drive snapshot is even built into that as a restore solution.

Hope that this helps.

James Elliot

Re: Imaging HP ProLiant DL140 G2

If you take server imaging seriously steer away from Drive Snapshot and opt for a well established server imaging product such as Symantec Ghost or Acronis True Image.