4221 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Implementing HP P200 G3 SAS MSA with 2nos HP DL380p Gen 8 servers

Pradeep_PS
Occasional Contributor

Implementing HP P200 G3 SAS MSA with 2nos HP DL380p Gen 8 servers

Hi all,

Can any one guide me to implent HP P2000 G3 SAS MSA with 2nos HP DL380p G8 servers with mutipath support. In a step by step manner.

Both servers should share the common data on the storage. If one servers goes down, then the other server should take over it

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Read the User Manuals.

HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems Manuals.

HP P2000 G3 Modular Smart Array Systems Data Sheet.

HP P2000 G3 Modular Smart Array Systems QuickSpecs.

HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems - Document List.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I have mine setup on a pair of DL360 G7 servers, but I *think* this would work on a Gen8 box.

For us, we use the SC08e controller for the external SAS connections. Each of those has 2 ports, so one port goes to the first controller on the P2000 and the second goes to the other controller. Of course that means you need the P2000 G3 with dual controllers.

Once the servers are setup and you've also configured some logical volumes, you'll be able to see those disks in the Windows disk manager console.

Since there are dual paths, you will probably see two of each logical volume, and that's when you get to install and setup MPIO.

You don't need the HP MPIO drivers, the ones that come with Windows can work with the P2000 G3 just fine.

To install MPIO, run the Windows server manager and add the feature "Multipath I/O".

It *should* auto-detect the multi path drives and you can explore the different options, but that's enough to get you started.

The only thing I'm not totally sure about is if the SC08e is supported on the DL380p Gen8 or if you'll need another external SAS adapter. I thought maybe I saw something about that when I looked at the Gen8 specs a while back, so I'm unsure.

Everything else is the same though... hook up the SAS cables to alternating controllers, install the MPIO feature, and that should be the basic steps.