1753259 Members
5528 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Import-HPEiLOCertificate ERROR without details

UnicefTacro
Occasional Advisor

Import-HPEiLOCertificate ERROR without details

I am trying to use the HPE PS Module to request and install a certificate on a newly provisioned DL380 G10 server but I am getting the error below.

I know that the problem is not the code or the cert because I imported the same cert manually through the ILO GUI and worked:

$ImportResult = Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $Conn -Certificate $ILOCERTFileName -OutputType RawResponse -Verbose

VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Import-HPEiLOCertificate" on target "IP: x.x.x.x".

VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate] Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.

VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][x.x.x.x]: Creating Redfish request.

VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][x.x.x.x]: Sending Redfish request to PATCH/POST/DELETE the JSON payload.

VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][x.x.x.x]: Processing JSON response.

PS > $ImportResult | fl *

Target: x.x.x.x

URL: https://x.x.x.x/redfish/v1/Managers/1/SecurityService/HttpsCert/Actions/HpeHttpsCert.ImportCertificate/

ContentType: application/json

Response: {"error":{"code":"iLO.0.10.ExtendedInfo","message":"See @Message.ExtendedInfo for more information.","@Message.ExtendedInfo":[{"MessageId":"iLO.2.4.ImportCertif

icateFailed"}]}}

5 REPLIES 5
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please raise a support ticket with HPE, Looks like this need an investigation.

Cheers.

I work for HPE.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have few questions based on your script command you posted.

1) Why are you using -OutputType RawResponse ? If its for troubleshooting then fine otherwise don't use as it will not hit the iLO server it just gives the json response data.

2) Did you use -raw option when reading the certificate file content for $ILOCERTFileName. If not please use it in your get-conent command otherwise it may not work. I assume you have the certificate file content stored in the $ILOCERTFileName variable.

Please check these and come back with your results.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

UnicefTacro
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,

2. About the variable - it didnt occur to me that the cmdlet was expecting actual cert content instead of a filename, I'll try that!

1. 'rawresponse' I put afterwards just hoping to get more info on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Adis_S
Advisor

I have this also and was reported Import-HPEiLOCertificate Status ERROR

Also in that link is output when using -OutputType RawResponse and RawRequest

Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert1 -OutputType RawResponse -Verbose
Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert1 -OutputType RawRequest -Verbose
Adis_S
Advisor

In our case it seems our Certificate are "big" length over 3052, and iLO3/iLO4/iLO5 supports up to 3KB (User Guide), and also we have Windows EOL in our certificate file (CR+LF). You can for example use Notepad++ to convert to UNIX (LF) [Notepad++ | Edit | EOL Conversion | Unix (LF) ] or below PowerShell cmdlets (credits HPE) to do it with powershell, after that we were able to import Certificate to iLO5 (over redfish) but not on iLO4 (Gen8/Gen9 servers)

Please note it will override the original file so make a copy.

$path = "<C:\Temp\somecert.cer>"
(Get-Content $path -Raw).Replace("`r`n","`n").Trim()| Set-Content $path -Force -NoNewline