ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753310 Members
6450 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

Bretzel
Collector

Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

I hope this is a Joke, but i can't access any Drivers for my Server (no Warranty left since few months). 

Now I need to reinstall one of them, and what surprise, I cant access the Firmware upgrades nor the Drivers!

The Support is very incompetent and tells me, what the slow webinterface from HP Support Site is telling me too, that there is no Warranty left. 

Well, i'm standing from a desicion to buy new Servers, and this wouldn't be HP-Servers for Sure. 

Slow Site (>30 Sec to respond), incompetent Support, no Access to the elementary Drivers is really frustrating. How could this happend?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Servers > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

Without any information about what kind of server and driver you're hunting there's no way for anybody else to help you either. 

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

No warranty left?   Your problems are probably due to this:

http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/Customers-for-life/ba-p/154423#.Uvp9qPldVxl

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Bob is correct - this is due to the policy change regarding firmware updates.

Additional information can be found here: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/More-information-on-HP-firmware-availability/ba-p/154861

I work for HPE.
TVVJ
HPE Pro

The change for ProLiant Servers are only for system ROM and complex programming logic devices (CPLD) firmware. Validation is not required for iLO, I/O, or controller firmware. Safety and security related updates for all firmware will remain available without validation.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo