ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748124 Members
3094 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Increase HDD space on a DL 370

greg rosen

Increase HDD space on a DL 370

Hi there,i have a ML370 G3 with 3*18 Gb (Ultra3)HDD.I would like to replace the 18's with 3*36's.How could i go about this.It is a RAID 5 config with 1 partion (OS and DATA).
5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1_do a backup of all data
2_Transfert all data to another server
3_redo the server...with smartstart
;)

Dan
Do not ferget to apply the points ,it next to every message in time and Date as UNASSIGNE

greg rosen

Thanks for the prompt reply Dan,
Another question i was thinking about is on another ML370 we have again 3*18Gb (Ultra3 10k) SCSI HDD and i wanted to fill the last three slots with 3*36.4Gb(Ultra 320 10K)SCSI HDD.Would any one know if mixing the Ultra3 and Ultra 320 would have any side effects besides both been of diff tranfer speeds.Again this is a RAID 5 config with both OS and DATA on same partion.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

When you say 1 partition do you mean just a C:\ drive? I'm confused because you say OS and Data which almost makes it sound like a c: and a D: or something.

You could backup/rebuild/restore as others have suggested. Or if you are buying new drives anyway why not create another array and migrate the data over to it. Then you will have 1 array for the system partition and another for data.

just a thought.
greg rosen

Is it possible to mix an Ultra3 and Ultra 320 in the DL 370?
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

Yes, you can mix U3 160 and U320 in the same server. However, you will be limited to U3 speeds.