108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Increase Raid 1 size on Proliant DL380

Matt P Green
Occasional Contributor

Increase Raid 1 size on Proliant DL380

Hello,

I have a HP Proliant DL380 G7 with Smart Array P410i

In bay 1 & 2 I have 146GB Hard Drives in a Raid 1 configuration with a server operating system installed.

I would like to increase the size of this raid 1 to 300GB.... what is the easiest solution to achieve this (trying to avoid having the wipe the data and install the o/s if possible).

Thanks All

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

if you want to increase the disk space without you pass a new installation of the operating system, it is necessary to expand with ADU tool, follow the instructions in the link provided by PGTRI

Matt P Green
Occasional Contributor

Ideally I would like to replace the 2 hard drives with 2 new larger items..... but if its going to be easier I would add 2 additional hard drives to the 2 bays I have spare.

Thanks for the link, I stumbled over it yesterday, unfortunately I dont have the expand array option in the configuration utility.

I guess I don't meet the criteria;

"HP Smart Array controllers supports Battery-Backed Write Cache (BBWC) or Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC). As a first step, one needs to confirm whether server is installed with both cache and battery."

can this be installed and how would I go about doing it? I don't quite understand the above quote.

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Yes you can install it, this PDF show you the component of Smart Array [You can find on this document your P410 series]

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01608507.pdf

the battery & cache are essential for expanding RAID