1751971 Members
4604 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Increase disk capacity

Scott Krall_1
Occasional Contributor

Increase disk capacity

I have a DL360 with mirrored 36gb drives. The 'C' drive is low on space. I'd like to increase its capacity plus there is also a 'D' which I'd like to move. How would I go about accomplishing this?
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Increase disk capacity

When you speak in terms of "C" and "D"s you are talking about logical drives created using the physical hard drives installed in the system. Therefore there is 2 steps to expanding the size of the logical drive refered to by the OS as "C".
First adding a physical disk or disks to the server, configuring the disks to be added to the logical drive, and expanding the logical drive.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Increase disk capacity

The DL360 Server in question only has two disk slots? Right? If so then you must replace one disk at a time and using the ACU, highlight the logical drive and display more information. This will bring up a window with a % rebuild status at the bottom. Once the first disk is rebuilt at 100 % and the logical drive is back to normal, then replace the second disk with larger replacement, and monitor the rebuild. When ACU see's both drives (same size) you can expand the logical drive in ACU. This may take some time (hours). Once done, use DiskPart under windows to increase your available space. (this is usually located behind D: partition. To increase C: you should use something like Partiton Magic.