1752588 Members
4422 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Initial ILO Password for DL380 G6

Muehlnickel

Initial ILO Password for DL380 G6

Hello all,

I got a new DL380 on a branche office. The Server is connected to the network and I can connect to the ILO. But my local contact is currently not available.

Does anyone know if there is a initial username or password for the ilo. I only know the serial number of the server.
8 REPLIES 8
ab_server
Frequent Advisor

sure, All that info should be placed either in a tag in the external side of the Access Panel, or in a tag over the HD bays.
Muehlnickel

Hi,

thanks for the quick response...
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Ther eis a toe tag on the server that shows the iLO DNS name, username and password.

The default username is Administrator, the iLO DNS name is the serial number of the server prefixed by "ILO"
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 

Hi or alternatively you can use the HP online ILO configuration utility to configure the ilo change the password or to add a user from within your OS once it is loaded

Thx
MichaelT
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

"Hi or alternatively you can use the HP online ILO configuration utility to configure the ilo change the password or to add a user from within your OS once it is loaded"

Since the server is remote, using HPONCFG isn't really an option until his local contact is around

Since the server is remote, using HPONCFG isn't really an option until his local contact is around

neither will he be able to get the username and password on the tags:)

Muehlnickel for me the only way out now is to get someone onsite to provide you with the login details on the Tags.

Regards
MichaelT
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

"neither will he be able to get the username and password on the tags:)"

True, but the initial question was is there a defualt username / password

The answer is yes, there is a default username, but you have to read the password from the toe tag

pavan_redknee
Occasional Visitor

hello what is the default password for ilo can anyone tell me.