1753882 Members
7503 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Initial Time / Update Time - dumb question

Timo Lemburg

Initial Time / Update Time - dumb question

Hi there,

I just saw in our ProLiant IML that some discs made problems and I am unsure of the date.

It goes like this:
POST Error : 1786-Drive Array Recovery Needed
Class : Post Messages
Severity : Repaired
Count : 1
Update Time : 19.05.2008
Initial Time: 29.08.2006

another states this:
Drive Array Device Failure
Class : Drive Array Subsystem
Severity : Repaired
Count : 1
Update Time : 19.05.2008
Initial Time: 06.04.2005

What I am wondering is the initial date some years ago and the recent update time. What does that mean?

Did I have a problem and it lasted that long? Recurring probem?

Thanks alot for your advice.
4 REPLIES 4
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

imho this means recurring problem.

Initial date is the first such event.
Update time is the last time the event occured.

Check page 3 of

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00286735/c00286735.pdf

"the time and date the event was last updated, and the initial time and date the event occurred"

Hope this helps

Regards
Timo Lemburg

Okay, now let's assume it IS a recurring event, how can the "Count: 1" be explained? It should be 2 if the event occured in 2006 and 2008.

Or goes it like this: The severity states it is repaired, the recovery was needed in 2006 (perhaps the severity back then was "to be repaired") and the repair was done 2008.

Any ideas?
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

This is NOT a recurring issue. What might have happened is that the date/time was recently changed or changed at some point.

In the other hand a recent update might have corrected an event that was logged long time ago and was masked as repaired.

In any case everything seems to be fine now. If you want to double check, run an Online insight diags so that your Storage Subsystem is checked and you can make sure all is ok.

Thanks,

\RaMpaNTe

(Points are welcome)
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

if the explanation is that the date and time has changed, does this mean that all events are to be updated, because of the time change?

I think this means that in the past the event occured and was marked as repaired, now it reoccured and the old issue is updated, with count 1, because the old was repaired...not sure if it is so, but makes sense to me, also seems true according to the document about IML

If someone has other ideas will ben glad to share them too

Cheers