5058 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Agents Password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Russ Lockyer

Insight Agents Password

Is there a way to globally change the password used to acc ess the Insight Agents on Proliant servers?
10 REPLIES 10
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Agents Password

Hi,

It can be replacted from one server to another by replacing a single file from one server to another.

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Environment:
Compaq Insight Manager
SANWorks Open SAN Manager
MS Windows NT 4.0 Server
MS Windows 2000 Server
Compaq Insight Management Agents
Insight Management Web Agents
Problem Description
How to reset the CIM Web management password?

Cause of this problem:
TSMC and Open SAN Manager on the SAN Appliance Server use Compaq Web-based agents, and therefore use the same login details.

Solution:
The default web agent logins are
Account User Name Password
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Anonymous anonymous
User user public
Operator operator operator
Administrator administrator administrator

To reset the password information:
- Stop the CIM agents completely on the server
- Delete the file C:\COMPAQ\WBEM\CPQHMMD.ACL and the folder C:\COMPAQ\WBEM\cache from the server
- Restart the agents to recreate the file (or reboot)

Note: This will not fix the issue with 5.3 Agents and higher. These versions require the Foundation Agent to be reinstalled, then use the Package Configuration Tool under the tools menu (Remote Deployment Utility) and set the password to the one desired.

note: In order to fix the issue using smartstart 6.xx you must deinstall the management agents, then remove the C:\COMPAQ\WBEM\CPQHMMD.ACL and the folder C:\COMPAQ\WBEM\cache from the server and then use the autorun of the smartstart cd and choose accept on the disclaimer, and then on install software, and then there comes a popup screen to configure the webmanagement password

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor
Solution

Actually...that's not all correct. With 6.x agents you do not have to reinstall the Foundation agent.
I just copied the .acl file between two systems a few minutes ago. One DL360G2 and a DL380G2 ...both running 6.30 agents and with different web passwords. Restarted the Foundation agent on the target server after the copy process and the passwords were synchronized.
Let me know if I misinterpreted your original post...
Thanks,
Ed
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

One other thing...
Insight Manager 7 and Systems Insight Manager both have the capability of changing or synchronizing web based passwords on a group wide basis. As well as changing or synchronizing SNMP community strings, Trust levels and thresholds. Provided that your target servers Trust the IM 7 or SIM server.
This way you can bypass the need for file copies and restarting services.
Ed
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Ed,

Under Insight Manager 7 and Systems Insight Manager both have the capability of changing or synchronizing web based passwords on a group wide basis.

Can you please refer me the option to do the same and path for it also.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Russ Lockyer

Hi Ed

I'm running IM 7.0 SP2.3 I have 100 odd servers running a mix of 6.3, 6.4, and 7.0. Most of them are set to trust the IM server.

How can I globally change the password?
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

There was some movie where one of the main lines in it was..."Do you trust me?"
Do those 100 or so servers trust the IM 7 box? Trust All, Trust by Name or Trust by Certificate ...one of those three has to be in place before you can globally sync your passwords. Assuming your target servers trust the IM 7 box, you would then go to Tasks and create a new Control Task > Group Configuration task. Use one of your servers as a template server or source server. You will be able to duplicate it's web based password as well as SNMP community strings, changing Trust levels and other assorted items to those other 100 or so servers. Shoot me an email if you need detailed instructions.
icafla@att.net
Ed
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

By the way...under SIM 4.0 or 4.1 there is a pull down menu "Configure" and under there you will see "Replicate Agent Settings". It's the same concept as you would find under IM7's Group Configuration command.
Ed
Russ Lockyer

ed - it worked
A+ Answer - cheers
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Prashant,

Are we talking IM7 or SIM? This is from memory...so beware :)
In IM7 you would go under the Tasks tab and there you will see a link to the Tasks Page. From there you will see an area labeled Control Tasks. Create a new control task > Group Configuration. At this point it will want to know which system do you want to use as your model or template. Pick a server that is set up the way you like. And if it's not exactly the way you want it before you duplicate it's settings, there is an Edit hyperlink to change certain settings. You will see as you scroll through the various items that there is a lot you can choose to duplicate. Once you have chosen such things as SNMP settings, Trust mode, VCA settings, web based password,etc. then you choose to which server or servers to push these settings. All of the target servers that receive these settings must trust the IM7 box or it will not work. Once you run the task you will see a little icon of a notepad. That is the progress log. Click that when the task is done and it will tell you on which servers the job succeeded or didn't succeed.

Under SIM 4.1 you would go under the Configure pull down menu and there you will see "Replicate Agent Settings". It's pretty much the same procedure as under IM7.

Let me know if you have any additional questions... good luck
By the way...I tried emailing this to you but it came back undeliverable.
Ed